Barton Hills Country Club is more than just an employer...
Under the guidance of Mark R. Klinger, GM/COO, we are a “family” that is committed to excellence in the way we service our membership. No matter what your position at Barton Hills Country Club, we provide a work atmosphere that is fun, supportive, and challenging. Whether welcoming the members onto the golf course or serving them in one of the beautiful dining venues, our employees are trained to be the finest, service-oriented ladies and gentlemen in the country club industry. We care about our staff and the result is that our staff cares about our members. We truly value our employees' dedication to serving our members and guests. For this reason, we strive to treat our employees as one of the most important assets of Barton Hills Country Club.
Barton Hills Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free, smoke free workplace.
Now Hiring Servers, Cooks, Dishwashers and Bartenders. Fill out an application or download 1 below
Click Here To Apply!
Position: Head Tennis Professional
The Club is seeking a Head Tennis Professional who can elevate the tennis experience at Barton Hills Country Club, while meeting the ever-changing needs and demands of the membership. The candidate should be a highly competent instructor and have a love for developing players of all ages and skill levels. He/she must be outgoing by nature and understands how the social aspect of the game plays a significant role in the overall country club experience. An individual that can balance the delivery of instruction, facilitation of programming, participation of interclub activities, influence growth of the game, and implementation of new and exciting social components will be most successful.
The Head Tennis Professional role is a seasonal full-time position, working 5-6 days per week from May to October (flexible), and will plan, prepare, and execute all tennis programming, related social activities, and administrative functions of the department.
- Establishes all operational procedures for tennis reservations, instruction, maintenance, and merchandise
- Supervises all tennis play, the proper charging of fees, administration of on-going tennis programs, and execution of special events
- Implements new tennis related social activities for the membership, margarita tennis, couples’ twilight mixers, etc.
- Provides beginner through advanced instruction and programs (private and group) for all levels and ages of players
- Organizes, directs, and promotes tennis clinics, special events and programs to attract and maintain members’ tennis interests
- Coordinates and attends away matches and interclub activities
- Handles tennis instruction inquiries, bookings, and responds to member emails as needed
- Hires, trains, promotes, and disciplines all tennis personnel
- Ensures proper inspection of the courts/equipment daily prior to the start of play and ascertain that all necessary maintenance has been performed and the courts are in a safe working order. Reports any maintenance problems to the appropriate Grounds Manager. Makes recommendations for improvements
- Monitors court usage including special events, clinics, and lessons
- Assists with writing and editing all tennis-related news for newsletters, website, and campaigns
- Formulates annual master plan and seasonal calendar of events for approval by GM/COO
- Organizes tennis related food and beverage needs with Catering & Events Manager
- Assists with the preparation and management of annual operating budget and capital requests
- Provides weekly reports of court utilization, lessons, and merchandise sales to GM/COO
- Enforces all club policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes
- Collaborates with staff members that may include but is not limited to tennis instructors, pro shop staff, maintenance staff, reservations staff, marketing staff to coordinate jobs to be performed in conjunction with the tennis department
- Maintains a productive, supportive, and friendly work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Certified Tennis Professional
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Head Tennis Professional or Lead Assistant Professional at a highly respected tennis operation
- Prefers candidates with ties to Michigan
- Professional public image
- Personnel management ability
- Strong communication skills
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement mentality
COMPENSATION & BENIFITS
The Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers a competitive bonus and benefits package for qualified individuals.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their resume and cover letter via email to
Mark Klinger, PGA General Manager/Chief Operating Officer at [email protected]
Employees of Barton Hills Country Club will enjoy the perks of:
- Employee Meal
- Employee Golf
- Direct Deposit
In addition to the perks noted above, all full-time, year round employees after appropriate waiting period are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay