Barton Hills Country Club is more than just an employer...
Under the guidance of Mark R. Klinger, PGA, GM/COO, we are a “family” that is committed to excellence in the way we service our membership. No matter what your position at Barton Hills Country Club, we provide a work atmosphere that is fun, supportive, and challenging. Whether welcoming the members onto the golf course or serving them in one of the beautiful dining venues, our employees are trained to be the finest, service-oriented ladies and gentlemen in the country club industry. We care about our staff and the result is that our staff cares about our members. We truly value our employees' dedication to serving our members and guests. For this reason, we strive to treat our employees as one of the most important assets of Barton Hills Country Club.
Barton Hills Country Club is an equal opportunity employer
Now Hiring Servers, Cooks, Dishwashers and Bartenders. Fill out an application or download one below
Click Here To Apply!
Assistant Catering & Events Manager
The Assistant Catering & Events Manager will be responsible for managing the execution of weddings, corporate, and other private and club-hosted events. The Assistant Catering & Events Manager will assure all banquet facilities are set up and service is delivered in a manner that provides the best experiences for our members and their guests.
· Recruit, hire, schedule, train, and evaluates event staff.
· Conducts regular professional development and training activities for staff.
· Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance with the approved banquet staffing schedule.
· Ensures that all banquet staff members are well-groomed and in proper uniform (including name tags).
· Holds pre-function meetings with servers to ensure smooth, efficient service; assigns server sections, set-up, and closing duties, and coordinates the timing of courses and sequence of service.
· Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
· Assist Catering & Events Manager with the generation of “Barton” (Banquet) Event Orders in an accurate and efficient manner for weekly review and execution.
· Assists with maintaining the master event calendar.
· Develops and documents standard operating procedures for banquets.
· Involvement with the creation and design of member events and entertainment.
· Participates in monthly beverage inventory counts.
· Works with culinary team to identify buffet design, chaffer needs, and signage expectations to facilitate the proactive organization of materials and accurate setup.
· Diagrams buffet tables, guest tables, and other function room set-up needs for special events.
· Acts as head waiter/waitress at special, private functions, and may greet and seat guests as necessary.
· Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
· Executes after-event evaluations to improve the quality and efficiency of banquet functions.
· Assumes Closing Manager and/or Manager (MOD) responsibilities when assigned.
· Assures the neatness, cleanliness, and safety of all banquet areas.
· Responsible for proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies and ensures the cleanliness and organization of these supplies and the areas of which they’re stored.
· Makes recommendations for the replacement and upgrading of banquet service equipment and supplies.
· Coordinates set up and break down of event spaces with a pro-active mindset to assure that overnight staff is fully utilized to the best of our abilities.
· Performs other tasks as requested by the Clubhouse Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, and Catering & Events Director.
· Assures that state and local laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
· Enforces proper cost and revenue controls for all banquet alcoholic beverage services.
· Regularly inspect all front- and back-of-the-house service areas and equipment to assure that sanitation, safety, energy management, preventive maintenance, and other standards for the department are met.
· Assist with the management of ala carte operations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· 2 years of managing experience in restaurants/hotels/private clubs.
· General problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
· Good teamwork, communications, and customer service skills.
· Attentiveness to detail and self-starting task orientation.
· Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· The ability to manage simultaneous events in multiple locations.
Employees of Barton Hills Country Club will enjoy the perks of:
- Employee Meal
- Employee Golf
- Direct Deposit
In addition to the perks noted above, all full-time, year round employees after appropriate waiting period are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay